Who We Were
It was 1931. Times were hard on everyone in the Depression. But two people came to Oxford, Florida with a message of hope and love. Their effort and faithfulness has been felt for generations.
A 1931 tent revival hosted by Luther and Nancy Miller began a legacy which continues today. Through evangelism we were formed together as a church. And it is with evangelism in the forefront of our efforts that we continue on. From our humble beginnings, this congregation has seen the Lord bless and expand our outstretched hands.
Who We Are
That word sometimes gets overused in different ministries, but this church truly is all about the community. Our slogan, The Family Church for the Family of God, isn't just something we say. There is always something going on around here. From Weight Watchers to Sports Camps, there is something for everyone! And there is plenty of room for you and your family! Won't you join us this Sunday?
1931 to 1934 Luther and Nancy Miller
1934 to 1935 James Cain
1935 to 1935 Blanch Howard
1935 to 1938 C.A. Symonds
1938 to 1940 B.B. Brickley
1940 to 1941 James N. Ford
1941 to 1942 Carl Brumback
1942 to 1945 C.A. Symonds
1945 to 1947 Guy Brown
1947 to 1950 J. Foy Johnson
1950 to 1951 L.L. Grossnickle
1951 to 1958 George T. Tindall
1958 to 1971 C.A. Symonds
1971 to 1977 Johnnie T. Powell
1977 to 1985 Frank E. Severance
1985 to Present Derrel Strickland
What We believe
- The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- Though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church.
- Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the A/G]
- The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’